My aunt Kathy gave me a goody bag filled with things to do on the ride there. Without it I don't know what I would have done! Thank you Kathy!!
In most places we couldn't get the radio, so me and my mom had to listen to music from my iPad. Thank you Grandpa & Grandma Liegert, that was what I played on for the majority of the time.
Let me tell you something about driving to Albuquerque, for the last three hours of the drive, there are no signs, arrows, or any sort of information about how much farther it is until you will arrive in Albuquerque, or where you are, or ANYTHING! Me and my mom were dying. Partially because we had been together for eleven hours, and partially because we thought we were going the wrong way!
Here was the UHAUL truck with a trailer attached to the back.
So when we finally got to Albuquerque, we were starving! We dropped off all suitcases at the hotel. Then we set off in the UHAUL to find a place to eat. By that time it was probably 9:30 p.m. First we just drove around, then we saw Peter Piper Pizza, my moms first job was there so she was really excited there was on in Albuquerque since the one in Utah closed.
So when we got to Peter Piper, it was, of course, closed. So we set off again to gas up and find somewhere to eat. We were all craving pizza now, so we went over to Domino's. As we walked up to the door a worker sprinted out and told us that they weren't doing carry-out, just delivery. So we asked if they could deliver it to our hotel. Of course, that was too far away.
So, yet again, we set off. Finally, we decided on Whataburger. Not necessarily our first choice, but it worked. After an all day drive and a hunt for food, we took our exhausted bodies back to the hotel, and fell asleep.
That was our adventure to Albuquerque!

Oh Po! I LOVE IT! This is so perfect and glad you are sharing it. I"m getting all emotional again! lol. I need to stop that. Sounds like a long road trip. And I wish you would have found food quicker. Still - that makes for a nice adventure! Nate thinks he might be bring some hay down that way - possibly soon -. I am trying not to get too worked up, but I hope... I hope.... I hope! I will let you know if he does cause I'm coming to see you!
ReplyDelete